Friday, September 25, 2009

Tan Beyond His Years



I have 3 boys. Each unique. Each beautiful. I have a different and special relationship with each one. Yesterday I received a text from Tandin (I call him Tan). It read, "I just sent you an email. It might help you understand what I'm all about."
If you are the mother of a 19 year old boy who is going to college...does this intrigue you, excite you??? Just a bit!!! I open my email...I sit down for this one. As I look upon my email I am gazing at a beautifully designed tree type chart entitled--

"My Religion: This is Why I Do What I Do"

There is an explanation included. I quote some of what he sent:

"If we can learn to be selfless, happiness is easily attainable. Love conquers all. It is the journey that counts, not the destination. We don't remember dates, we remember moments." Tan lives this mantra, always has. He continues by saying,"Emotional feelings and relationships are most important. Tangible objects are of little value."

"Ignorance in not bliss. Knowledge is power."

And finally..."Treat other how you would like to be treated."

Tan is in his second year of engineering at the University of Utah, he is beyond his years, always has been.

After reading this all I could think was...Tandin is an amazing and special person and I am blessed to be his mother!! I have always known this and I weep with JOY...

No comments:

Post a Comment