Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Politics!

Osama Bin Laden is dead, or is he? Interesting stuff? Yes. Does it matter? Yes. Can you believe everything you hear?

I'm NO more inclined to talk politics now, (even though it is my minor) than I was years before...for these reasons: 
  • depending on one's vantage point ideas and beliefs differ 
  • the dogma often times becomes so strong you cannot hear the facts above the opinion and emotion
  • we often only know the facts that support our viewpoint
  • who can you trust to report the "truth"
  • if what is being reported politically is repetitive or sensationalized its just media  
  • I have more constructive things to do than hate everything about what is going on in my country and the world
 For the record I don't trust or believe everything I hear or read, but what does it really matter in your life? What matters in the big scheme of things to me, is my part and contribution as a citizen and holistic entity to the world is, am I doing MY best?

When you are in school facebook is a required course of distraction. It's convenient to pop in and read a brainless news feed. It is rather addictive when a professor is droning on...yes even for the "non-trad's." One of my "friends" on facebook went on a four letter tirade towards the government about Bin Laden, which yes we have free speech, but if one is SO unhappy and upset, maybe one should change. Many borders are open into other countries. Just saying.














We don't have all the answers. Politically, personally, this is a life journey, and we work on getting the most out of it that we can. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment