Sunday, July 8, 2012

What's hiding be Hind the Expert?

  It is a Sunday afternoon; I sit peacefully in my living room with Zion faithfully at my feet.

 

Crazy times with fam at 4th of July parade
It has been a week full of fun, laughing, visiting family, talks with my boys, long hours working, disappointment and hope.

I have attended parades, parties,
been in a court room, conducted meetings, reconciled bank accounts, posted payroll and played affectionately with the Grandogs.

I have wondered...the Ups and down(er)s of life, "are we pro-active or re-active to them?" I ask myself this question and i ask it of those i choose to be involved with. You may do the same?

I live deeply and passionately, no matter the direction life is taking. I love life. I am blessed with spirit and challenges that exercise my strengths. I ask myself, "what and whom am i responsible to? How can i improve my life and positively effect and influence those around me?" Being pro-active in the affirmative to answering these questions make me happy, even if circumstances and situations are not perfect.

You JUST MAY not know EVERYTHING
I don't live in a perfect world. If you do, could you invite me in to visit for but a moment? Interesting question because everyone has their own definition of "perfect" and possibly, just possibly... everyone views it differently?! What i find interesting and quite comical in a room full of 'EXPERTS' on any given subject is, how arrogant and opinionated they may become!


To put oneself in another persons shoes is compassion. To evaluate or judge without experience is egotism.

As for me, I am approaching my 49th birthday with great zeal, knowing that the more i learn the less i know; the more life i face willingly the more authentic i become.





I wish you enough challenges to make you strong;


enough humble pie to teach you to cry,










enough sun and children in your life to make you smile...











and of course...a dog that pierces your heart so even when you're grumpy, you feel love. All ways.

















Lori~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful insight! Love reading your posts. You express what others are too proud to express. I appreciate your humility and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous. Sometimes honesty, humility and passion are not always rewarded favorably. When our vulnerabilities are used against us for gain i question the integrity of man, then i try to choose and take the higher road to stand up and not be victimized. Some of my posts are being deleted for a time. They will be reposted. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, I understand where you're coming from. I have a nephew who committed suicide 8 years ago, and people still judge my sister and her family. I have wondered about how many people read your blog. It is so educational as to what people with mental disorders
      go through every day. It is no different that a physical disability or disease. There is nothing wrong with questioning the integrity of man, especially when man's integrity is so low. I still believe that there are those out there who have high integrity, but are completely ignorant when it comes to certain mental and physical diseases. I have a physical disease and because I look fine on the outside, then I must be giving in to the disease. No one knows what goes on with my body, the pain, etc because I just suck it up every day. I try to stay positive, and sometimes have to "fake it till I make it".

      Delete
  3. Dear Anonymous, my deepest sympathy to you and your family concerning your nephew. Suicide is a difficult and complicated matter, each situation unique and painful.

    Thank you for your comment. We all benefit from sharing and hopefully we do gain more integrity and compassion for one another, no matter the challenges we face. I believe we will if we are willing to speak up! I am grateful you have!

    ReplyDelete