Friday, August 3, 2018

Let Go

Recently i have been listening more and talking less..and i needed to stop talking! I have also taken more time to listen to music and read. I came across this passage from Eckart Tolle, one of my favorite authors.

"The egoic self is always engaged in seeking. It is seeking more of this or that to add to itself, to make itself feel more complete. This explains the ego's compulsive preoccupation with the future. Whenever you become aware of yourself "living for the next moment," you have already stepped out of that egoic mind pattern, and the possibility of choosing to give your full attention to this moment arises simultaneously. By giving your full attention to this moment, an intelligence far greater than the egoic mind enters your life."  --Eckart Tolle
Change always brings about relflection. I change every day. Life has a way of teaching us -- humbling us. How grateful i am to have eyes to read and ears to hear the beautiful lyrics and melodies of music.

How grateful i am to have 3 stalwart sons. How lucky i am to be close to all 3. I am blessed they have wives that love them and stand by them through all of lifes challenges. And the sweetest part of this stage of life is being "grams" to 2 perfect grandsons.

Bode - getting so big at 8 months

Collin -
 on one of our train rides at Lagoon
 And my very best friend, confidante and mentor is my mom.
My Mom with Bode at 3 months old

I can't ask God for much more. Well, accept Daisy!

Crazy Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment