Maybe that's true.
I certainly did.
Rock bottom isn't just where everything falls apart. It's the place where you finally stop pretending. It's where the excuses lose their power, the masks come off, and you're left with a single question:
"What kind of life do I want from here?"
Recovery doesn't begin because the pain disappears. It begins when the desire for peace becomes greater than the desire to escape.
If you've found yourself at rock bottom, I want you to know something: it doesn't have to be the end of your story. It can become the foundation for a new one. Healing is possible, but it rarely happens all at once. It happens one honest decision, one courageous conversation, one difficult day, and one small step at a time.
I've also learned that grief isn't something you ever truly finish. It simply changes shape over time. What once felt impossible to carry gradually becomes part of who you are. The weight doesn't always disappear, but somehow you grow stronger beneath it.
Today, much of my pain has softened. I live with more peace, greater awareness, and deeper contentment than I ever imagined possible. For that, I am profoundly grateful.
Gratitude has become one of the surest paths to peace that I've ever known.
I'm deeply thankful for my husband, who loved and supported me while I found my way back to myself. His patience and steadfastness gave me the space to heal when I often couldn't see the way forward.
But this isn't a story with a perfect ending.
I still carry regrets.
I still wrestle with parenting guilt.
There are decisions I wish I could make differently.
Those feelings may always be part of me, but they no longer define me.
Instead, I'm learning to hold my regrets with compassion instead of shame, to accept life exactly as it is instead of wishing it had been different, and to trust that growth is still possible no matter my age.
That's really what Wildflowers & Weeds has always been about.
And if I've learned anything over these last eighteen years, it's this:
Life will always have its weeds.
But with enough grace, patience, and hope...
wildflowers bloom there too.
From my Open Diary.
Wildflowers & Weeds
Enjoy the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment