Monday, December 29, 2008

A Big Fat RED Piece of BEEF


I have some Beef!!!

I certainly do not mean to be sounding cynical lately! My son wrote to me from Florida and was wondering WHAT my last blog was "really about" and what was behind my children being hurt? The truth is, I am inspired by present day happenings in my life, however I do/will reflect on past situations quite often.

I am fiercely loyal, I'm a Leo. I take family and friendships very seriously and lovingly. It is more important to me than work, things, money, activities, sports, dogs, and cookies! It is amazing to me how many times I see people play the roles but become So self serving in the heat of the moment.  

How many times do we reduce PEOPLE as a means to an end?? or as a mere function to a particular role for us to play? or a convenience in OUR LIVES? I do wonder? I see, or rather feel it quite often and when I do, it HURTS...and I must remind myself to MOVE AWAY FROM THE PAIN!!!

I believe some of us get caught in the webs that lies around us, and still we follow, and still we stay in these self destructive patterns. It is so terribly difficult to get out, sometimes we don't even recognize the web that has been spun around us!  

Being true to yourself can be painful at first, but Deathly if you ignore it. You can be dead on the inside but still have a heartbeat. I've been there. You have to know self administered CPR. You have to be strong, resilient and search for it............ any way you know how. You cannot do it alone, that is why we have friends and family! Pride HAS to be put aside, humility ALWAYS comes before change.

I get hurt and I eventually get over it. Time heals life's wounds. You will heal too, and if you choose to be bitter, you will never be better.  Pain disguises itself with an ugly face.

The only way to have lots of friends is, BE A friend. The only way to have great relations with your family is MAKE good relations with your family. You either draw people to you.... or you don't. 

You choose. At some point you have to ask yourself who is the common denominator, if it is you, CHANGE.... or be the Victim.

You can be offended by my BEEF.......or Not. If it hits close to home and you feel the sting, then do something about it, life is too short.

If you have narcissism in your family, i strongly suggest the book, "Children of the Self Absorbed". I have read it 3 times. Most families/relationships have some element of
narcissism, and it can be crippling. You CAN get past it. It takes TIME, but you can!

I suppose Red Beef can be good, it just depends on how you prepare it.... and how you  digest it. I am working on developing a taste for "rare please" and i will probably try to keep it in small proportions. "Moderation in all things" has proven to be a good motto for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment