Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Big Red Apple


How swiftly life can change. I like change, but resist it all the same. I create it and then fight myself for having done so. I am taking a leave of absence from my business that I have toiled over for 21 years. I fretted over this business like it was one of my children, which is exactly why I needed a break. It is not my nature to sit idle so I am starting a new internet business. My business is in very good hands and will carry on with or without me. This is as it should be.

To follow your passions, isn't it the souls duty to be loyal to its desires? I fear these changes because staying where I am is safe, it's predictable, but somehow along the way I have known I have needed a change.

My mother told me just the other day that I should eat an apple every day, that it would be "good for me." I had a dream just the other night that eating an apple was on my TO DO checklist. I have had a planner and worked from a TO DO checklist since I was 21 years old. It drives me so hard that sometimes I have forgotten how to just enjoy the simple things. Productivity has been more important sometimes than people. Aghh! My new business partner is now the checklist guy. He tells us what to do and we are the creators. I like it.

My sister and I will be working in The BIG APPLE next month. My sister and I have traveled to some of the most beautiful places on earth together for business. Now I don't know about beautiful but if there is one place you can feel so totally free to be who you are without anyone giving a hoot and holler it is Manhattan. I think we're going to like that. We are both starting anew.

For some reason I can't seem to get Sheryl Crow's song out of my head "The Change Will Do You Good." So for now I'm going to go with that. I guess somebody has to!

No comments:

Post a Comment