Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Black Abyss

Things get low and then they get really low...the kind where life is not really worth living. I have a friend who felt this way today and tried to take her life. Fortunately for us she did not succeed. This is not her first attempt.

I have felt despair before, but not to this degree and my heart breaks as I think of my friend and the overwhelming pain she endures. Her life has not been easy, those who know her are awe-inspired by her bravery and her ability to overcome the obstacles placed before her. She has more... more obstacles, more challenges, more sad days, they do not go away. Life is a journey and we are in it together and this beautiful lady has taught so many of us more than she will ever know. Unfortunately we obviously have not done so well at communicating the impact she has had on so many.

Some plights in life are by chance others are by choice. We evaluate and accept those we cannot change and move up and away from those that are literally taking us down, down to the deep dark black abyss. Sometimes we get feeling so low that we get hooked on or into the very things that are bringing us down.

I love what my Sister reminds me of regularly. What are you willing to let go of, to get what you want???

No comments:

Post a Comment