Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beware Blackberries Can Dissappoint With Age



Things I knew but was reminded of this past weekend:

Boys can be normal when they return home from their missions.

Some people can pretend to be gracious and non-judgmental, but you can see through their insincerity.

You grow the very most through the tough stuff.

Depression is tough stuff.

Some depression is situational.

Some depression is chemical.

Some depression is both situational and chemical brought on by a
myriad of what I call life lessons... and possible crappy genes.


Romantic love is tough stuff.

Sometimes perspective on depression and/or love doesn't make either one any easier...they are both just damn hard.

Men hurt as much as women do.

Pride and poor communication kill relationships.

You have to watch out for Blackberries they are not always as sweet as they look. Which is a disappointment to say the least.

When I was a little girl I would go to my great grandmother's house in Slaterville and have a fresh bowl of berries and milk. In my mind I thought that they would never end for i was never limited on my consumption, only the amount of sugar i added. This was a time of satisfaction and comfort. Life was simple then and I was loved
unconditionally...


I honestly can't say when the last bowl of berries I had was. I think I complicate the simplicity of them. I make blackberry pie, put them in cereal or yogurt. Going back home is usually best.

It was driven home strong to me this weekend that we all over-complicate life and judge to harshly...this certainly includes ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment