Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blue is for Boys Pink is for Girls?

One of my favorite blogger's, John McManamy posted a blog entitled advice to a new grandson part II on September 27. You may click into the link and read the entire entry, he's a scream.

I made a comment and this was our dialogue, which I thought was rather poignant and humorous.

Dear John,

I concur with #2 & #8! However I do not agree with #7, just ask God. Good IS good enough! We need to get that!

Lori~

September 28, 2009 7:20 PM
John McManamy said...

Hey, Lucy. Here's the test: When they're inspecting the engines on a plane you will be boarding, do you want the inspectors to sign off with "good enough"?

Here's the way I see it: We give "our best." Our best may not be THE best. In fact, "our best" may suck. But we only settle for "good enough" when making our beds. :)
September 28, 2009 9:37 PM
Lori said...

Ahhh John and so it is! I like your take on it...and it's LORI, but Lucy's, good enough. :)
September 29, 2009 8:54 PM
John McManamy said...

Hey, Lori. Oops! A classic case of my good enough not good enough. :)
September 29, 2009 10:16 PM

I look at it this way, when T.J. my son was detoxing from a 7 year drug addiction I realized that no matter what he did, I loved him more than life itself, and I accepted anything and everything about him! I did not accept his behavior, but I accepted him and what ever he was willing to give and do on behalf of himself WAS good enough, God would do the rest. He is 4 years clean this December!

And another thought-- do we hold different expectations for boys than girls? And vice versa? If so...should we??

1 comment:

  1. I really like the new look of your blog. Love your thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete