Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Chapter in a Story


Stories, I live stories. A biography or auto biography... Love 'em!

And how about the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves? We act out our stories all the time, and don't even know it. This is wherein lies the problem, or so those who are working towards "awareness" or "enlightenment" would say. I would have to concur.

I have stories. I have stories about many things. These stories justify me, explain me, excite me, sadden me, but are they me? I ask myself?

Carl Jung said, "He who looks outside dreams, he who looks inside awakens."

My stories are my own, and I have a few. Some of them have been real self destructive dramas. Some I've told to myself too many times and I almost believed them, and they just weren't true, oh yes, it's easy to lie to yourself.

I've had fairy tales, and comedies, and a few horror stories played back and forth, but are they real?

Yes and no. Our thoughts are us. But only so much as we allow them to be. And only so much as we are aware of them. Being present in this moment as to who we are is a challenge for most of us every single day.

I am trying to figure out what chapter of my story I am living in and whose lives I am affecting for the good! I believe I am just beginning or awakening in Chapter 4 of my story? I expect it to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment