Thursday, June 19, 2008

1 Yellow Sun & My 3 Sons


I need the sun. It nourishes me. Fact is it nourishes, well, everything and everybody. I have been laying in the sun a lot lately. Just yesterday I spent the day at a pool with good friends in Logan. They recently have had a close death in their family. I have experienced this as well, however mine was 14 years ago. Some people would say, 14 years, get over it! They obviously have not had a child or sibling die.

A child is an extension of you, a sibling is a reflection of you. Life goes on, absolutely, and you go through your grief, not around it. And you go through your 'whole' life with the 'hole' that they once filled. You miss them and you find happiness still.

My sons have become the brightness (the yellow) in my life. They are all basically gone from our home, my youngest has not officially moved out, but he is constantly on the move. He will be off to college in just a few weeks.

And so it goes, we enjoy the sun, or sons, or loved ones. When they are here or when they are not, but if we are quiet enough especially when the sun is beating down on us we can feel their love, warmth and their presence. Where ever they may be.

If you are wondering... the beautiful young girl is who I was referring to. We all lost this beauty last spring in a skiing accident. She skied every weekend with her family, which was the passion of her life. Our family enjoyed this activity with theirs on many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment