Saturday, September 20, 2008

Plum Tired

Are people what they really seem to be or not? I suppose for the most part I trust that people are good. But by nature we protect and cater to our own needs, wants and desires before others. Ahh, you immediately get defensive? Try to play the martyr? Don't play me for the fool! I am just as human as the rest of you!

Do I set myself up to be hurt? Is it because I love deeply that I feel this pain? This week was a hard week. I felt like I got kicked in the stomach by people I trusted. For all intents and purposes there was no reason for me to take these circumstances personal. It was not about me! People need to do what is best for them and I respect that. Sometimes the systems by which we operate are set up to be hurtful.

One thing I know I have grown to be is someone who looks at all sides, or at least I try to. It is not a perfect world. But I try to look at things from the other persons vantage point. Once I can do this, understanding and compassion usually sets in and my heart softens.

I still get tired, in fact plum tired. My mind races, I work sometimes around the clock. My life is full. Sure I get disappointed, but I then try to see the other side of things and find some rose colored glasses and go on...

1 comment:

  1. Lori over the coarse of the last several months I have read your entire blog. All I can say is you are Amazing. I don't think I ever fully understood the extent of your illness, and I'm sorry I didn't. I fell so blessed to know you, and you have always been a great example to me. Thank you for helping others to understand your illness. I think you should write a book, if anyone could do it, it's you.
    Love, Marcie

    ReplyDelete