Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dating is an Art Form

Dating at this stage of life is..well…..interesting, funny, fun, disappointing, enlightening and amusing. It can be exciting, frustrating, depressing, lonely and shocking.

Here’s an email I received recently by a geographically challenged gentleman:

Hey baby I need a date and you’re close by.” OMG, I laughed so hard when I got this! Who actually thinks this line is going to really get them a date? Compatibility? Attraction? Nope, Convenience! 

And another from someone I reconnected with from years ago:

If you're interested in re-confirming feelings that compelled us to act years ago ... I am.” Seriously? Bad people from the past end up being bad people in the present. No surprise, just surprised I actually fell for it for another short minute.

This one was text to me after I shared my phone number:

I’m going to send you an email before we meet so you know more about me before we commit to anything.” Commit? Who said anything about committing? It’s just lunch.

Another text after I did not respond in a timely manner:

I know when I’m being blown off.” Really? Maybe you don’t, because you keep texting me!

And then the delightful and polite thank you:

I had a nice time and I’d like to see you again.” Nice. Not too pushy. Sweet, inviting.

This one came after some rather clever emails and texts exchanged:

"Are we in love yet? Let me know." Funny. I like this guys sense of humor.

Oh, and least I forget this one:

Baby I love you and we’ll be together as soon as I return to the states. My credit card was stolen and I was hoping you could wire me $1,900.00..” SMH (shake my head) I was born at night, but not last night!!

Yes dating is an art form.







No comments:

Post a Comment