Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mr. Brown Eyes Old Soul in Manhattan




After spending a week in Manhattan and I'll have to admit missing the dogs...I thought about how fun it would be to have Mr. Dozer with me as I so anxiously perused the streets of New York all week.

When I am home I can just look at this dudes old soul and by intuition know what his simple, gentle mind is thinking. And often times the two of us have great conversations! You would love his deep slow dopey voice. It is rather endearing. I actually have learned quite a bit from him even though he is just a dog and a dumb bulldog at that!

I can just imagine~~~walking down 5th Avenue with Mr. Dozer and he would say, "Hey wud everybudy hurry-n-bout? I HERE!!!"

Why does everyone hurry in New York? And why do you feel you DO NOT MATTER?

Something else Dozer would say, "Gram, peoples wear lotta cool stuff but I not know who THEY are. My spike collar cool but I still Dozer when you take it off."

And another thought..."Gram why you not go sing with that guy!?"

I'm going to leave that one alone. Rhyming, pitch, tone, not necessary just sing their name...a lot. Guaranteed dogs LOVE it and you. No matter what!

Last one. "Why I not see anybudy laughing real loud like you do Gramog?"

Doz the streets are awfully cold this time of year and incidentally we (my sis & i) ended up warming up in the women's bathrooms and sharing a few belly laughs.

...As I entered my stall, hung up my coat and other gear, and got settled on the commode, no sooner did this flash of photos from under the next stall come with a bragging voice saying, "Would you like to see my grand kids?" We busted up in this public bathroom hysterically laughing as I quickly popped to the picture on my iPhone whipped it under on her side and said "Would you like to see my Grandogs?" Which brought on more fits of laughter that may be quite foreign to New Yorkers. Yes, I will absolutely admit it was rather juvenile for us 45 & 50 year old women to be carrying on this way but this would have made my Brown Eyed Old Soul Dozer happy.

Simple things are priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Lori! I stumbled across this and I have not been able to un-glue my eyes! I love you! I know you guys probably think I'm some crazy stalker lady because I've hunted everyone down, blogs, FaceBook (which by the way you need to add me)! I miss you...I will always have a special bond with your family. When can I get a seasonal trend :) Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete