Sunday, February 15, 2009

Green Far Away Places


This is actually Machu Picchu, a place I will some day visit.

My new business has been requiring some travel. I am on a plane to Vegas, but just finished an article about a woman traveling to Colca Valley, Peru. As I read from the article…"I walk along a dirt path, where clusters of bright-orange chinchircuma flowers lure iridescent-green hummingbirds. Suddenly, Ocelle, a kind of massive theater-in-the-round comes into view. Every shade of green is represented on the steppes. A lone Collagua woman appears to be harvesting something in the distance, and I try to imagine the valley populated by communities of farmers as it was centuries ago"…I felt as if I was there.

This is the type of travel I really want to do.

There are times I wonder about these distant places and if I am ever to go there, will I want to ever come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment