Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Peachy

Do you have any resentments? I am working through some long time resentments; resentments that I've had that have been placated or buried for so long I hardly knew they existed, or if i did I was frightened to let them be known. As they come to the surface, at times, my heart literally feels as if it is going to burst in two. I then try to go to a safe place, become very still from within, accept all that is, have faith in a better tomorrow, and let things BE.

This is a discipline I have learned the last few years. Sometimes I am better at it than others. This means of healing and self nurturing is something I value very much.

There are a couple of favorite books I keep handy and will ponder certain quotes from--these two I particularly like...

Know your limits, not so that you can honor them, but so that you can SMASH them to pieces and reach for magnificence. Cherie Carter-Scott

There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Life may not always be PEACHY, but think of ALL the great things you can make with peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment