Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spring to Summer to Fall, but Where?


Last Fall I took a LOA (leave of absence) from my business, Phazes Salon & Day Spa of which I had been giving heart and soul to for 21 years. This past August marked our 22nd year in business. We opened in Ogden, Utah in 1987. Our second location opened in Kaysville, Utah in May 1995 and we finally were able to retire from paying rent to a landlord when we built this magnificent building and moved in 3 years ago. Designing, planning, and decorating the building all while still keeping up with normal business was a labor of love, albeit exhausting!

The first 6 months of my LOA was caught up in another business with my sister, therefore no R&R was to be had. Sherry has continued on with the business and is a fine entrepreneur in her own right. I got plenty of rest this Summer and now Fall is here and I wonder...what do I want to be when I grow up???

I am 46, no Spring Chicken anymore. Some days are good, Summer NOT! Do "they" consider 40's to be the Autumn of your life? or am I just getting started?!

Well, I must Find Another Place to Fall. I love being an entrepreneur, frankly I'm not sure I could work for anyone, but I would be a great employee. Maybe that doesn't make any sense...but it does to me! I could stay home and live the leisurely life...that doesn't make sense to me!!!

I have many interests and one in particular in mind, but time will tell. One thing I have learned is to try to let things BE for awhile and see what comes of it. Experience tells me that God has done more with my life than I have ever done for myself. I have not always been so good at patience and trust...I am learning.

Yes I could go back and plunge into Phazes, but what would really be the point? It is operating without me. I'm on the board! HA! What more could I want? It has been said, "What are you willing to let go of, to get what you want?"

Letting go of Phazes was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and yet it was really just a job. My identity, my passions, my creativity, so many things were all wrapped up in it, but that was just IT, I was all wrapped up in it!

My passion has, is and always will be helping people. If there is any Falling to be done, I hope it is others into MY arms, and that my arms are strong, loving and compassionate enough to hold them.

For everything there is a Season and a Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment