Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stop Look and Listen, NOW!

I have had the good fortune of slowing down...actually quieting down, these past few months. I do believe this is a first in my life! This is the kind where you are able to Stop, Look, and Listen. By nature I am busy-minded.

I am loving and learning a lot from the Eastern practices of the world--meditation, awareness, the now, you know, weird things like that. I have not made my "pilgrimage" to an ashram...(yet):).

I respect all races, and religions for their goodness and differences. I dislike dogma, self righteousness and judgment inflicted on others that puts one above, or otherwise exercises control. To me these things seem to get us into trouble...for the most part.

As I had mentioned in my previous post that life seems to come full circle when we look for it. There is so much meaning in the small things in life. And yet when we rush through, how much do we miss? I am sorry to say, I missed so much. I missed little things, fixing breakfast for my kids, appreciating the Fall leaves, really listening to a friend.

Oh, I forgive myself, I am trying to live NOW! I'm grateful I have recognized these things...NOW!

3 comments:

  1. life seems to come full circle recently as i've watched you be healthier, happier, and relaxed more than i've ever seen in my life. and its been one of the best experiences of my life to have witnessed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey anonymous #1--I'm glad to know that my inward feelings are showing!

    Anonymous #2--Is this some type of suggestion? or was this an error...either way I am laughing pretty hard!!

    ReplyDelete