Sunday, August 22, 2010

Butterflies are Free to Fly



The freedom of the butterfly to randomly move over the landscape and spread its beauty while contributing to our ecosystem seems trivialized at times. Similarly the lessons we learn during the tragedies of life are marginalized yet the contributions to our lives are monumental.

I suppose what happens in life is we all perceive things in our own way…I may see the glass as half full, to someone else it is half empty, and we both are right. But what does it really matter?.......I believe what matters is that we love and respect one another for the experiences we each have. What I believe matters is we place no judgment beyond that… for that would be injustice and a tragedy. After all, we have not walked in the other mans shoes. No one chooses pain, yet pain is a part of life. What we do with the pain is what makes the man.


“The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.” Richard Bach.



The pains of life cause us to fear, and fear causes us to want to control. What in fact we learn is we have control of so little. Only when we surrender do we actually become free…


“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.” Richard Bach


What you try to control, controls you.

Butterflies are free to fly...it could not have been otherwise.



August 22, 2016

This blog was posted 6 years ago, it was inspired by this song...

I am now free to fly...

2 comments:

  1. What you try to control, CONTROLS YOU! Wow, that really hit me because I used to be a control freak and when it seemed to keep pushing people away from me I got it. I like me and I like my life better since I recognized what a jerk I was! Thanks for this reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that comment Anonymous! Yep, i have learned some good lessons about control as well. What you try to control, CONTROLS YOU! Let go and let God...

    ReplyDelete