Monday, November 1, 2010

Self-Destructive Pants on the Ground

Sometimes I am nothing more than a hypocrite. Saying one thing yet completely doing another. The internal battle or war of conscience begins, and it is an ugly battle. I lose. I lose and come out with gashes and scars of proportional size. I wonder…to what degree do others do this self-defeating repetitive ritual? I surely cannot be alone in this.

Self-destructive behaviors, I know them all to well. They are like the familiar pair of jeans I have had since I was a teenager, only completely too small and therefore look terrible and make me feel uncomfortable in my own jeans (and genes). I think we hide these “behaviors” because of our EGOS and sometimes these “jeans” unfortunately DO get comfortable. Sometimes they have been with us for so long; we may not even realize that we are wearing them… and they are not so… becoming!

It seems as if I have been blessed with important times in which I now refer to as my, “humility calls” wherein I slow down and take an inventory of what is important in my life. It is in my nature to let the tasks of life speed me up, then weigh me down and overshadow what I value most. What I value most is relationships with my loved ones. I also value a peaceful and a content soul. To some these things come natural, for me, I must work at them.

For those of you who battle the self-destructive behavior GENES,
wouldn’t it be great if we could just put those PanTs on the GrounD once and for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment