Sunday, March 6, 2011

Growing Old Stinks

We grow up. We grow old. My baby turned 21 yesterday. I find it hard to believe.

I am in New York for the week and Tandin will be home taking care of business as do my other two boys. Rigorous schedules of college, jobs and businesses to run...and dogs to let out potty, for as one of my favorite books so poignantly titled, "Everyone Poops."

Life. It evolves. And we accept the changes or rather embrace them, and sometimes we fight them.

I found out recently that my Uncle Brent has cancer. As we grow older we have less contact with extended family. However this does not mean my love is not as strong, blood runs deep.

I'm not so fond of this cancer plague that seems to have touched my family's life in such a personal way. Yet we surrender to that which is and love those who are, and will always be a part of us...whether near or far.

And Tandin just so you know if Dozer has this look on his face, take him out, he needs to poop.

And one more thing never forget to laugh through the tears.

4 comments:

  1. Boy that's it isn't it...we surrender to that which is! Enjoy New York, and call when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend Lisa...you are a great example of accepting what is, and laughing through many tears. Yes I will call and report the excitement from NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend, Lori, I need a new purse..I will of course pay you for it, but when you see a corner with knock of LV or better, buy one for "old" Dixie Coggins so going old won't be quit so hard to take. Seriously, I can smell Canal Street from here. Hope you have a great time. Call me...make it big enough to live in and small enough for an old lady like me to carry!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dix, I'm not sure if there is a CITY or a purse BIG enough for you, and your rather Ostentatious personality to fit in. ;)

    I'll see what I can do, and you have grown old rather well my good lady, everything except those creeky knees!

    ReplyDelete