Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Forgiving Forgetting and Forging Forward

I remember my Grandma saying, "The older you get the faster time flies." How true it is!

As we age we accumulate more stuff
Families grow. Responsibilities broaden. We lose some of our innocence. 
Oh the innocence of a 5 year old...

 nothing quite like the perspective of  this little pistol, no wounds from life.



and a puppy...they bound and pounce about like there is nothing in the world to fear. How perfect.

And then we grow up and life hits us square in the face, 
or clocks us from the side.

The thing about life is, it just keeps moving on. No matter what, it doesn't stop, the lessons keep coming, the joy, the heartache and the clock keeps ticking. Einstein said that we could never really comprehend the concept of time and he also said, "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."


I believe in miracles. I believe they happen every day, and they are missed easily, because life is busy and we explain miracles away as happenstance or coincidence.

Hearts heals, lives mend and we forgive, forget and forge forward. We are born with the capacity to forgive. We may lose it, for it is easy to accumulate wounds along the path of life's lessons, yet recognizing and acknowledging this tendency can free us from holding onto this self destructive behavior.


I ask for others to forgive me, and I ask God to help me have a forgiving heart every day. I find it much easier to sleep that way.
nap with Roxee 2 summers ago, may she rest in peace
A dog in my arms helps too...

No comments:

Post a Comment