Monday, May 19, 2008

A streak of RED


Have you ever watched a javelin? If it is thrown properly its trajectory is beautiful. So confident, as if it always knew exactly the place it was going to land before it ever arrived. Those who throw it the best in the world are throwing it football field lengths, can you imagine?

My son started throwing the javelin this year, his last year of high school. His personal record was 160.7 ft. He was ranked 5th going into the state meet, he ended up placing 7th when all was said and done. Fabulous for a first year performance.

The winning throw for the 4A boys went to the poor soul who threw further than anyone expected at the time, particularly the cameraman who was surprised when it ended up in his leg. They nearly disqualified this kid because he "left the area" throwing up because he was upset. I would be upset as well had I saw streaks of red trickling down a leg from a sphere I had just thrown.

Red is a color that represents excitement. It also represents anger or possibly romance. Do you get just streaks of this color in your life or an abundance? Red is an awesome color. I like it very much. Lately I have had none, but I was grateful to see the streak of red fly from my sons hand through the air. It's not really the javelin that is so beautiful it is him. This child has a lot of Red in him. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment