Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Garlic Weeds




Ya I realize Garlic is NOT a weed. However the weeds at the ski resort yesterday sure made the mountain "stink!" One run, 19 inches or so...not so good! Our friends, oddly enough last name "Garlicks's" asked us to go and fools that we are, we geared up and went.

In this picture of many HAPPY skiers atop Targhee resort in Wyoming you would find both of our families scattered about. We started going there annually when our children were young. Now all of our children are grown and we generally "tag-a-long" with the Garlick's where ever they go. They know the best spots and are absolute animals when it comes to the outdoors. We always threaten to get in shape for the next round of activities and never follow through, but they seem to appease us and like us still. They have to wait for us (or at least me) quite often. I have had a lot of rather good excuses I thought...I'm working on my next one!

I have always loved the mountains. If I need peace this is where I go. It is also very easy for me to get lost in the complexities of life. But the true reality is, it is all very simple and I make it hard. Maybe it is just me, I don't know?

Just as we depend on nature for our own physical survival, we can depend on nature to show us the way home, out of our own thinking minds. I get lost in thinking, worrying, doing, remembering, anticipating, and it is all really ridiculous. Think about it this way, what has nature really taught us? The rocks, the weeds, the flowers, the animals already know how to just be! It sounds so simple and maybe it is? Maybe things are meant to be just a little more simple and that is why a visit to nature might help us to not be such "stinkers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment