Friday, June 20, 2008

Innocent Brown Eyes


I LOVE DOGS! This is my Grandog Dozer. I have custody of him most of the time. My oldest son is busy, single and when Dozer and Roxee (his Boston) are at home with him they get depressed. Seriously! It just kills me. So they live with me, they have visitation with their Dad. He is a fun Dad. He puts on big slippers and lets Dozer chase him around the house. Dozer loves it! But it is not enough to keep a Bulldog happy. At Grandmog's house he has full rein, especially when Grandpog is gone.

I did not always connect with dogs or nature as I do now. I suppose it was when I spent 9 months in bed getting quiet enough to figure out life and what was important that I slowed down and really saw what was around me. I love the innocence and loyalty of dogs. Those nine months I spent in bed I had the most loyal companion one could ever have, MY dog, Zion. Her name sake comes from the time I spent wandering in Zion's Canyon. Sound weird? Whatev- life is weird. I figured a lot out there and have continued to do so ever since. I am crazy about my dog. She is more than just a dog, she is a reminder to me of all I have learned that is important. Like finding and staying true to myself. Some people never figure that out. Dogs never have to try. They are innocent and real no matter what. How refreshing. We humans could take some lessons from dogs.

If I don't want to play, Zion never takes it personal. She loves me and treats me the same. No mind games. She loves me at my best and my worst. Believe me she has seen it all: laughing, crying, sleeping comas, mad as hell, euphoric, you name it, she seems to just BE...her. I know she assumes nothing of me, which means I can be, huh, me! And she always does her best in our relationship, which is just easy for her, because she never tries to be anything but a dog. Hummmm? We could all learn something from these beautiful creatures.

I am crazy about these brown eyed furry friends in my home. I would have never thought in a million years I would have allowed 3 dogs in my home. I will put up with dog toys and the constant bell ring (to go outside), and Dozer taking up the couch, for a whole lot of innocent brown eyed lovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment