Monday, August 18, 2008

Blue Storms Rolling In


I have 3 sons. I passionately love them all. They are all unique in their own way. I love each of them equally, yet differently because THEY are different. Intuitively we learn to treat people differently because they are different. A unique and special relationship and bond is formed when we understand and honor this.

My youngest son, Tandin moved to college this weekend. He is a Utah State Aggie now and soon he will be bleeding blue. He is an avid sports fan. He sits in his new dorm, head reeling with questions as to what this experience will be like. His friends were everything to him. He went to college alone. This was something that showed strength and character at 18 years old when he did have another choice. Guaranteed there will be storms of many kinds where he has chosen to spend the next 4 years of his life. Logan Utah gets cold. I believe he will experience emotional, mental, spiritual and physical storms as well. He is strong no doubt and he will be a success. Reaching out to others for help is part of that success.

My middle son Chase is in Florida, Brandon Florida to be exact. There is a tropical storm called Fay which is projected to be a possible Hurricane by tomorrow morning. Chase tells me it is supposed to hit Brandon. He seems quite excited. He tells me that the missionaries get pretty jazzed about doing service work after the Hurricanes. I guess this is not so devastating for the missionaries, they do not make their permanent homes in Florida. Interesting how the misfortunate storms for some can be a field of harvest for another.

Chase has had some blues in the mission field. Nothing I can think of that can cure the blues than to help others through a storm...Chase is strong, no doubt he will be a success too!

TJ, my oldest son, what can I say? Survivor to thriver! He is simply amazing. He has survived more storms than most in his 27 years than most people will their whole life. He has turned his life around in a matter of two years and is an absolute delight to be in the presence of. The storms are what made him who he is.

We learn things from the blues that we could not otherwise, and remember there is always sunshine after the storms...

No comments:

Post a Comment