Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gold, Silver or Bronze?

The Olympics have begun! It is official, everyone loves them, talks about them and watches them. Except for me! Don't get me wrong I love them, it's un-American not to love the Olympics. Support your country. Support your team. I do, I do. I watched some of the opening ceremonies. Oh my goodness, that birds nest thing, Very cool!

Here is the thing, I just got out of the habit of watching TV several years ago. Negative association. Two reasons. Let me explain. While detoxing off of morphine (6 years ago) I lie in bed and watched country music videos while this nasty drug was exiting my body. You don't feel so good. The world is spinning, you get the shakes, you want to die, get the picture? And then I chose to watch sappy, depressing, albeit great story lined country music videos. Never have I before, never again. (Watched country music videos or taken morphine).

Reason number two. It is impossible to watch any program with my husband. He is pretty much like most men. He is a clicker. If you ask him what he watches, he says "everything." Drives me NUTS. Inevitably IF I am watching something while in the room with him just as it has caught my attention, CLICK, it's gone... and so am I.

So the only Gold, Silver or Bronze that I probably will be talking about is in my make-up palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment