Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Finale-Part II

Flower & a Movie. Oh I know it's supposed to be dinner and a movie but I'm not picking food to finalize my year!

The movie: Dr. Zhivago.
Every year during the holidays I watch this classic. I love the history, the scenery, and the message of the most awful gut wrenching acceptance of the dreadful things that life and war deals to people. War not only effects people during the present but goes on for generations.

There are so many different types of wars we battle.

I noticed that Lara's character always had flowers wherever she was. First in the battle zone where they treated hundreds that were wounded, then in her very modest apartment.

Which brings me to--


The Flower: A Sunflower.

My final pick for this year is the Sunflower, for its message of Hope and Sunshine as a New Year begins.



Here's to 2010...may the Wildflowers grow all around you, and in your heart.

With love, L~

1 comment:

  1. Lor,
    I had no idea you liked this movie. We must have chick flick night and I'll show you the newer version which was filmed in Russia. Actually the hubby really likes it too. This one stars Keira Khightley and Sam Neill... you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete