Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Grey Tale

My son once said, "The DVR is the greatest invention of the 21st century." I am beginning to agree! ;)

For sheer enjoyment I record 3 hours of Grey's Anatomy every weekday and then watch it when I can. For several years (when Grey's was in the height of its glory) I did not watch TV at all. For now, aside from anything with the last name "ball" or anything having to do with "man stuff", Grey's is pretty much the only--girl drAaaama on our boob tube. I’m out numbered 4-1 by men.

My husband joins me quite often to watch an episode or two of Grey's Anatomy. His niece works in a hospital and he asked her the other day how close “Grey's” is to the real thing? She actually said, “real close”! I know this girl and she is NOT a drama queen. Huh? Which part is close? The emergencies, the heroic saving measures, the death, the sex, the inter-personal relationships?...It leads one to wonder?

Ok, so here is what I really like about the show...the beginning and most of all the ending NARRATION that promotes an overall message for you to think about. If you're a Grey's watcher and you miss it, you are missing out on a lot!

Example: Meredith Grey speaking,--from the episode, Scars and Souvenirs 2007.
"What's worse? a new wound which is so horribly painful or old wounds that should have healed years ago and never did? Maybe all wounds teach us something. They remind us where we've been and what we've overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That's what we'd like to think. But that’s not the way it is, is it? Some things we just have to learn over and over and over, again.”


Profound, I’d say.


I love novels that have quotes or passages or diary inserts at the beginning or ending of chapters. I love those little quips that have a deeper meaning or a personal expression in them that make you think… just a little bit, ooorrrr maybe a lot.


In my world everything is not so black and white, there is a lot of grey matter; at least according to the tales I've seen, and heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment