Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yellow Brick Roads



This is my husband and his best friend. It was my husbands birthday yesterday, maybe we are getting to the age (47) that he wouldn't want me to say how old he is! My husband is a very devoted friend and he loves to serve others. I am sure this is why he has been successful in our business, he truly loves people.

Dave is in Egypt working he will be returning home next summer. We met Dave when we moved into our first home 22 years ago. Our children were young; they had only one child, whom we now call our 4th child. He in fact comes to see us more than our own children!

We have shared many roads with Dave, like the ones to Vegas and California, even ones when we did not know where we were going! I don't believe we will be traveling to Egypt however. We have traveled roads of heartache for him, he has traveled them for us, for our children, and for other family members as well, this is what you do with lifetime friends.

I'm not exactly sure what it was that made me take my unconscious 8 month old child who had nearly drown in the tub to Dave's house, but he heard my screams from my house across the yard. He told me to call 911 and after Dave gave the first breath I started the rest of the CPR, which we were blessed enough to have a favorable outcome.

I cannot explain why some things work out and why they don't at other times. That same summer 20 years ago there were 2 other bath tub drowning's, one died, the other had severe brain damage. I felt guilty so many times and wondered why I was so lucky to have this perfect child. But you know we never know what is on our yellow brick road and at some time we have to meet the Oz...

No comments:

Post a Comment